Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hope for American Education

At the end of the last school year, I was invited to my grandson's End of the Year Celebration. From the moment I walked into the classroom, I knew that there was hope for the future of American Education. His kindergarten classroom was a Learning Wonderland.

The walls were covered with bright, fun posters that all were relevant to things they were learning. They had organized shelves with toys that I'm sure brightened their every day. The teacher was bubbly and just as excited to be there as the kids were. Just from the look of their classroom I could tell that this class cared very much about the education of the students.

With this, I thought back to my own Kindergarten experience, or even my own children's experiences. What a difference!! It is evident that things are certainly not getting worse, but are getting better. Do I have hope for the future of American Education? I sure do.

This post is a part of the MAT@USC Hope for the holidays event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 that gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment